My blood chenistry always shows glucose around 50. Could this be a side effect from taking keppra, (levetiracetam) I don't have diabetes?

Dr. Michio Abe
It's not very common but hypoglycemia has been reported in less than 1% of the people taking keppra (levetiracetam).

Dr. Michio Abe
Dr. Michio Abe
Dr. Joseph Woods
Pathology
In brief: Not likely.
Keppra (levetiracetam) is an anti-convuksant, for seizures.
It has side effects, but hypoglycemia does not appear to be one of them. Depending on your age and history, there can be many reasons for hypoglycemia, from tumor (insulinoma), to metabolic deficiency, to postprandial (after eating) in conditions like gastrectomy. It would be wise to see your doctor to pinpoint the cause.

In brief: Not likely.
Dr. Joseph Woods
Dr. Joseph Woods