Get pain in my buttocks when I climb stairs?

Dr. Albert Pizzo

In brief: Buttock pain

Please describe more about the pain.
Is it only when walking the stairs? Is it the same going up as going down. Does the pain radiate into your lower back or down your leg? Is is sharp pain, or burning or stabbing pain. Does it go completely away when you rest? Can you walk or run without pain? How old are you and what is your gender? Have you any spinal problems?

In brief: Buttock pain

Please describe more about the pain.
Dr. Albert Pizzo
Dr. Albert Pizzo
Dr. Albert Pizzo
Several possibilities. Pain may originate from problem in lower spine with radiating pain down your legs or could be a vascular problem with blood flow to the buttock and legs. You need to see your doc to evaluate and determine the cause.
Dr. Vicken Poochikian