How does c. Difficile spread? 

Randy Burgett
General Practice
In brief: Fomites
C. Diff is more common in the hospitals and nursing homes and is usually spread by not washing your hands properly.
Those who carry that bacteria may not be sick but still my pass the bacteria person to person or through objects such as doorknobs, tv remotes, handles, etc.

In brief: Fomites
Randy Burgett
Randy Burgett
Answer assisted by Randy Burgett, Medical Student
Dr. Michael Ein
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease
In brief: Spore ingestion
C. Difficile is spread by ingestion of spores of the organism that are present in the environment.
These spores are excreted in the stool of colonized or infected persons. Prevention in hospitals is by contact isolation in a private room, terminal room disinfection and hand hygene with soap and water(not hand sanitizer).

In brief: Spore ingestion
Dr. Michael Ein
Dr. Michael Ein
Dr. Adam Smith