Why is my jaw locked when brushing my teeth?

TMJ. Not normal. Hopefully your jaw is better now. Do not do activities that will put your jaw in that position. You should be able to brush your teeth and chew foods. Stay away from gum and sticky foods. See your dentist asap to look at your occlusion and jaw function. Ask your dentist where he/ her did post graduate bite training. Look for someone who has been trained by dawson, pankey and others.
TMJ problem. Significan TMJ problem, disk displacement. Can be progressive. See TMJ expert. Any dentist can be a TMJ expert with the proper training and experience. Most commonly, oral surgeons, prosthodontists, and orofacial pain specialists. Ask your MD, your dentist and your dental society for referrals.
TMJ /displaced disc. If your locks while your brushing and when you yawn or open too wide it means that the disc between the mae joint and the base of your skull is not tracking correctly and falling off to the side causing it to lock. When you move your jaw side to side it pops back into place right? You need to see a dentist familiar with TMJ so the correct diagnosis is made. Need MRI and other diagnostic tests .