Lately im having trouble absorbing my meds I can take 2-3 ativan (lorazepam) and not feel a thing. This applies to other meds.What could be causing this? Kidneys?

Dr. David Hicks

In brief: Tolerance

Many medications , especially benzodiazapines or short acting pain medications and other tranquilizers if taken regularly wil cause you to tolerate and need increasing doses for the same affect.
Not a good thing need to rehti nk the treatments and consider alternative ways to control the symptoms. Be aware if you have liver disease it may alter the metabolism of the drugs as well.

In brief: Tolerance

Dr. David Hicks
Dr. David Hicks
Dr. Stephen Perret
Pediatrics - Psychiatry

In brief: Depends

People have different metabolisms for different medications.
I would consult your doctor but there's no reason to think that there's anything wrong with your kidneys because you have a higher tolerance to Ativan (lorazepam) than you expected.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Stephen Perret
Dr. Stephen Perret