In 18 weeks pregnant and I have a fever. Is it safe to take any medications for this?

Dr. Renee Harris
It is safe to use tylenol (acetaminophen) just like it says on the bottle.
If you are having any pain, especially on your back, you really need to see your doctor as this could be a very serious infection of your kidneys.

Dr. Renee Harris
Dr. Renee Harris
Dr. Miguel Cano
In brief: Tylenol (acetaminophen)
Tylenol (acetaminophen) is safe to take as directed during your pregnancy.
But, you need to let your doctor know so you can be checked for bacterial infections (like bladder or kidney infections) or common cold/flu infections, or worse - a uterine infection which can lead to pregnancy loss. I hope you received your flu shot. Talk to your doc the same day you recognize a fever for proper evaluation and treatment.

In brief: Tylenol (acetaminophen)
Dr. Miguel Cano
Dr. Miguel Cano
Dr. Luis Villaplana
In brief: Acetaminophen
No more than 2, 000 mgs every 24 hours but your best move is to grab the phone and call your doctor and keep him informed.

In brief: Acetaminophen
Dr. Luis Villaplana
Dr. Luis Villaplana
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham