Hi. I'm in the uk sufferering with eczema on my fingers, hands, arms and legs. My doctor wants me to moisturise more but I want steroid cream first?

Dr. Paul Williams
In brief: Eczema
If its bad i can understand your frustration but sometimes steroid creams aren't the best - long term use especially on large sections of the body can cause thinning of the skin and other issues.
Moisturizers are the key - another option are coal tar based products i would discuss with your doctor your concerns - and strike a balance - perhaps steroids when a flare occurs.

In brief: Eczema
Dr. Paul Williams
Dr. Paul Williams
Dr. Luis Villaplana
In brief: My pleasure
Take care of yourself.
I'm sure it's hard enough to be out of the country.

In brief: My pleasure
Take care of yourself.
Dr. Luis Villaplana
Dr. Luis Villaplana
Dr. Luis Villaplana
In brief: Use both
Steroids will disinflame the skin.
Moisturizers will replenish dry skin and re thicken it, both of which are important to maintain in order to decrease flare ups. If you can, look for manuka oil. Health stores sometimes carry it. It has helped my elbow eczema tremendously, and it has a natural antiinflammatory effect, instead of steroids. Good luck.

In brief: Use both
Steroids will disinflame the skin.
Dr. Luis Villaplana
Dr. Luis Villaplana
Dr. Cindy Juster