I have pain in my left middle back after eating what could cause this, thanks?

Dr. Matt Malkin
Anesthesiology
In brief: Suspicious
Pancreatitis -inflammation of the pancreas- is clsssically described as upper abdomen pain radiating to the back.
May also be gallbladder or liver related. This whole system is biliary system. Blockage of blood supply to GI tract or ulcer possible. Best to be seen soon as some of these can be very bad. Workup may involve blood tests, ct, ultrasound, and more. If vomiting or jaundice, go to er now!

In brief: Suspicious
Dr. Matt Malkin
Dr. Matt Malkin
Dr. Bac Nguyen
In brief: Could be an ulcer
Occasionally a peptic ulcer in the back of the lower portion of stocmach or upper intestine known as duodenum can cause such pain.
Also, gallstone can cause pain in back, but more commonly on the right side. You should consult your doc to find out the true cause of your pain...

In brief: Could be an ulcer
Dr. Bac Nguyen
Dr. Bac Nguyen
Dr. Buck Parker
Board Certified, Surgery