If I have strep throat, can I transmit it to a mans penis through oral sex?

Dr. Daniel Kessler

In brief: Yes.

Strep is a contagious bacterial infection that can be spread via bodily fluids through any susceptible skin barrier, usually the mucous membranes, such as the genitals, nose and mouth.
So take your time, take the medication and make sure both of you are well before engaging in oral sex.

In brief: Yes.

Dr. Daniel Kessler
Dr. Daniel Kessler
Dr. Aaron Ament

In brief: CONSIDERATE

Very considerate of you to be concerned.
There are many factors to weigh, but since you can transfer strep to mucosal tissue, why couldn't you transfer it to the lining of a urethra? Are you sure you want to do that?

In brief: CONSIDERATE

Dr. Aaron Ament
Dr. Aaron Ament
Pathology

In brief: No

The strep that cause strep throat are unlikely to affect him there.
I hope you've been treated for it; you probably become less infectious for other sites in a few hours.

In brief: No

Dr. Cindy Juster