I have had a sore throat for a month, that is finally getting better but now I have pain on the right side of my throat. Just wondering what it isk?

Dr. Arthur Heller
Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology

In brief: U need to get exam

Could be anything from dry mouth from stuffy nose, to reflux from esophagus, to mononucleosis, to viral or bacterial infection of throat, to lymphoma, cancer of throat or elsewhere, or other. See your doc.

In brief: U need to get exam

Dr. Arthur Heller
Dr. Arthur Heller
Dr. Paul Williams

In brief: Throat pain

Assuming the pain was from some type of infection it may be residual from that - you may also have a swollen gland on that side that hasn't resolved.
Any fevers" or white patches in your throat? If the sore throat resolves but the pain stays - probably should have it checked out.

In brief: Throat pain

Dr. Paul Williams
Dr. Paul Williams
Dr. Allen Seely
General Practice

In brief: Rule out abcess

A 'peri-tonsillar abcess' is an emergency and is characterized by severe pain on 1 side of the throat usually after an infection.
Other symtoms are difficulty swallowing, fever, fatigue. On exam there is usually swelling in the throat in the tonsillar area causing the pain. A ct scan is the best test to check for this. If your symptoms are milder than described you may just need strep test.

In brief: Rule out abcess

Dr. Allen Seely
Dr. Allen Seely
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine