I woke up this am at 5 am feeling a bit short of breath. I took my BP & it was 140/60 w/61 hr. After an hr it dropped to 123/61. Is it normal?

Dr. Michio Abe

In brief: SOB

Your BP and hr are within reason.
The first reading of systolic BP was high but it came down appropriately in an hour. Shortness of breath is definitely not normal. It is quite possible that sob triggered elevation of BP while sleeping. The possible causes include obstructive sleep apnea, congestive heart failure, or even heart attack. Please go seek medical attention.

In brief: SOB

Your BP and hr are within reason.
Dr. Michio Abe
Dr. Michio Abe
Dr. William Lizarraga

In brief: BP is slightly high

These blood pressure readings are not that off.
The 140 is technically a little high, but it is very common to have a fluctuation during the day like you mentioned, even after an hour. I would note that the blood pressure does not explain your shortness of breath, and if your symptoms persist, i would get checked out by a health care professional.

In brief: BP is slightly high

Dr. William Lizarraga
Dr. William Lizarraga
Dr. Umesh Patel