Can I be on adderoll for ever, for adult add? Or will I eventually need to stop it?

If you need it, yes. A recent study of thousands of adult patients with adhd showed that Adderall (dextroamphetamine and racemic amphetamine) & other stimulants were safe to use for long periods, & that there were no cardiac or cardiovascular consequences to their long term use. The limiting factor for use is whether or not it is still needed. This needs to be assessed by you & your doctor. About 65% of adhd children persist into adulthood. Reference next.
Adderall (dextroamphetamine and racemic amphetamine) part 2. Reference for above statement: http://www. Msnbc. Msn. Com/id/45641085/ns/health-heart_health/t/adhd-drugs-do-not-heart-risks-adults/#.T0fudfuylem.
Stop if possible. Stimulant drugs like Adderall (dextroamphetamine and racemic amphetamine) work well for add and adhd, but all come with a warning to use the lowest dose possible for the shortest duration possible. I would periodically reassess whether you need the medication or if you can decrease the dose with the help of your doctor. Long term consequences can include fast heart rate, higher blood pressure, and perhaps cardiac disease.