Can I be on adderoll for ever, for adult add? Or will I eventually need to stop it?

Dr. Carla Enriquez
In brief: If you need it, yes
A recent study of thousands of adult patients with adhd showed that Adderall (dextroamphetamine and racemic amphetamine) & other stimulants were safe to use for long periods, & that there were no cardiac or cardiovascular consequences to their long term use.
The limiting factor for use is whether or not it is still needed. This needs to be assessed by you & your doctor. About 65% of adhd children persist into adulthood. Reference next.

In brief: If you need it, yes
Dr. Carla Enriquez
Dr. Carla Enriquez
Dr. Carla Enriquez
In brief: Adderall (dextroamphetamine and racemic amphetamine) part 2
Reference for above statement: http://www.
Msnbc.Msn.Com/id/45641085/ns/health-heart_health/t/adhd-drugs-do-not-heart-risks-adults/#.T0fudfuylem.

Dr. Carla Enriquez
Dr. Carla Enriquez
Dr. William Lizarraga
In brief: Stop if possible
Stimulant drugs like Adderall (dextroamphetamine and racemic amphetamine) work well for add and adhd, but all come with a warning to use the lowest dose possible for the shortest duration possible.
I would periodically reassess whether you need the medication or if you can decrease the dose with the help of your doctor. Long term consequences can include fast heart rate, higher blood pressure, and perhaps cardiac disease.

In brief: Stop if possible
Dr. William Lizarraga
Dr. William Lizarraga
Dr. Shontae Buffington