When I go to bed every night my thorat starts to hurt then when I wake up in the morning im coughing up green stuff im fine by the middle of the day?

Dr. Anifat Balogun
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery
In brief: Open Mouth +/-Reflux
It sounds like you may be mouth breathing during the night.
Mucus flow slows when we are sleeping. This combined with open mouth will cause dehydration, color change and thickening of mucus, dry mouth, sore throat. You may also have "silent reflux" that irritates your throat and causes mucus production when you lay down.

In brief: Open Mouth +/-Reflux
Dr. Anifat Balogun
Dr. Anifat Balogun
Dr. Jill Carnahan
In brief: Allergen?
If you are only having symptoms at night on a routine basis, then it is time to evaluate your bedroom for allergens.
.. Do you have pets? Do they sleep on your bed? Do you have sensitivity to dust mites? If you are unable to find the culprit, i suggest seeing an allergist to determine what exposure at night might be causing your symptoms. You may also want to try sinus irrigation 1-2x daily.

In brief: Allergen?
Dr. Jill Carnahan
Dr. Jill Carnahan
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology