Is there much of a link between flossing and/or using mouthwash and infective endocarditis?

Dr. Earl Sandroff
Dentistry

In brief: Good oral hygiene

We know there is a link between gum disease and heart disease.
It sounds like you might be practicing good oral hygiene habits. For that i commend you. If you don't have a problem endocarditis then the procedures should affect you. If you do have a problem then the likelihood of them causing a problem, in my opinion, is very minimal.

In brief: Good oral hygiene

Dr. Earl Sandroff
Dr. Earl Sandroff
Dr. Mark Milunski
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Endocarditis

No.

In brief: Endocarditis

No.
Dr. Mark Milunski
Dr. Mark Milunski
Dr. Harlan Wilson
Dentistry

In brief: No

For the most part, flossing and mouthwash use would lower the chances of endocarditis by keying less infection in your mouth.
Bacteremia, an large influx of bacteria, is caused usually. By a more traumatic act, like a tooth extraction.

In brief: No

Dr. Harlan Wilson
Dr. Harlan Wilson
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology