I have a lump after groin hernia repair years ago is this ok? Also what abs exercise are safe so I don't stress the repair?

Maybe recurrence. Sounds like you could have a recurrence of the hernia. If so, base you activity on pain and discomfort, and see your surgeon, or another general surgeon for an exam to be sure. Good luck.
See a doctor. Or go back to see your surgeon for an examination. Need to first see if you have a recurrent hernia before making a recommendation on exercises that you can do.