How do I treat insomnia?

Depends. Depends on if the insomnia is due to stress, psychiatric disorder, a primary sleep disorder, another medical condition, medications or poor sleep hygiene. The best treatment is addressing the reasons for the insomnia. Chronic insomnia is best treated with a behavioral program called cbt. Medications are usually indicated for short term use.
Variety of ways. If you search online for "sleep hygiene" you will probably find some helpful tips to improve your sleep. There are also a variety of medications, both over-the-counter and by prescription, which can help.