What can I do to relieve the pain at my Achilles tendon?

In brief: Rest

Ice, elevation.
See a dr. You may have a tear.

In brief: Rest

Ice, elevation.
See a dr. You may have a tear.
Dr. Alan Ettinger
Dr. Alan Ettinger

In brief: Several things

Ice, rest, lift in your shoe to raise the heel to take pressure off the achilles.
Otc antiinflamatory meds such as alleve (as long as no allergy).

In brief: Several things

Dr. Arnold Beresh
Dr. Arnold Beresh
Dr. Colin Kerr

In brief: Achilles tendon pain

Achilles tendon inflammation is difficult to treat primarily because your feet never rest.
An otc medication like Ibuprofen will help, but the key to recovery is stretching exercise--place your feet flat on the floor facing a wall 2 feet away and lean forward against the wall keeping your heels flat on the floor. Next try a night time foot extensor splint (a light weight boot) available online.

In brief: Achilles tendon pain

Dr. Colin Kerr
Dr. Colin Kerr
Dr. Vikram Patel