What can I do to relieve the pain at my Achilles tendon?

In brief: Rest
Ice, elevation.
See a dr. You may have a tear.

In brief: Rest
Ice, elevation.
See a dr. You may have a tear.
Dr. Alan Ettinger
Dr. Alan Ettinger
In brief: Several things
Ice, rest, lift in your shoe to raise the heel to take pressure off the achilles.
Otc antiinflamatory meds such as alleve (as long as no allergy).

In brief: Several things
Dr. Arnold Beresh
Dr. Arnold Beresh
Dr. Colin Kerr
In brief: Achilles tendon pain
Achilles tendon inflammation is difficult to treat primarily because your feet never rest.
An otc medication like Ibuprofen will help, but the key to recovery is stretching exercise--place your feet flat on the floor facing a wall 2 feet away and lean forward against the wall keeping your heels flat on the floor. Next try a night time foot extensor splint (a light weight boot) available online.

In brief: Achilles tendon pain
Dr. Colin Kerr
Dr. Colin Kerr
Dr. Vikram Patel