Only symptom is my back teeth hurts a bit while i eat. Will my dentist realise i've been smoking?

Dr. Kevin Owoc
Dentistry - Prosthodontics

In brief: Who cares

He or she may or may not realize you've been smoking.
If you're getting your teeth cleaned and checked regularly, then that's not the issue. Of course, there are dental concerns associated with smoking, such as periodontal disease, increased risk for cavities, etc., don't worry if your dentist will find out if you smoke. Tell him or her anyways ! we're here to help you !

In brief: Who cares

Dr. Kevin Owoc
Dr. Kevin Owoc
Dr. Kenneth Grossman
Dentistry - Endodontics

In brief: Why the concern?

A dentist will address the tooth pain first and foremost.
They may realize and not agree with your smoking, but the problem here seems to be your guilt. If your problem is periodontal, and smoking is contributing, then something may be said. Best to be honest with your dentist!

In brief: Why the concern?

Dr. Kenneth Grossman
Dr. Kenneth Grossman
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology