Can i wear my partial after dental implant are uncovered?

Dr. Robert Wilkoff
Dentistry

In brief: Yes, if...

It's important that the implant be stable and integrated before allowing any real forces on it.
Usually8 takes up to 4 months for implants to integrate with surrounding bone.

In brief: Yes, if...

Dr. Robert Wilkoff
Dr. Robert Wilkoff
Dr. Robert Tupac
Dentistry - Prosthodontics

With appropriate adjustment over the healing cap.

Dr. Robert Tupac
Dr. Robert Tupac
Dr. Ronald Achong
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial

It is possible to wear a partial denture when the dental implant is uncovered as long as the denture is adjusted.
Discuss this with your dentist.

Discuss this with your dentist.
Dr. Ronald Achong
Dr. Ronald Achong
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry

In brief: Yes but..

I'm assuming that it has been at least 4 months since the implant fixtures were placed.
I would also suggest that the partial be adjusted to take pressure off the surrounding tissues until complete healing has occurred. Discuss this issue with your surgeon and restorative dentist.

In brief: Yes but..

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Kevin Owoc
Dentistry - Prosthodontics

Your prosthodontist will relieve your existing removable prosthesis so that it will accommodate the healing abutments placed onto the dental implants.
This will allow you to wear your partial. Just be sure to brush and clean well ! keep smiling !

Dr. Kevin Owoc
Dr. Kevin Owoc
Dr. Dinh Bui
Dentistry

The implant is only uncovered after a minimal osseointergration is achieved, which is safe for partial wearing.
However, i would recommend a full 6 months to achieve the best possible bone support.

Dr. Dinh Bui
Dr. Dinh Bui