Five months into combo tx for hep c. Now I have a nasty ribavirin rash on my body. What can I do to relieve the incessant itching and weeping rash?

Dr. Charles Cattano
Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology
In brief: Treatment rash?
If you are taking a triple drug regimen for hepatitis c with interferon, ribavirin, and telaprevir then the rash is probably related to the third agent.
However, what you are describing sounds generalized and severe, and at risk for secondary infection. Some rashes, like stevens-johnson eruptions, can even be life-threatening. Make sure you seek medical attention as soon as possible.

In brief: Treatment rash?
Dr. Charles Cattano
Dr. Charles Cattano