How can I better cope with myself and how can I release the negative emotions from myself after a failed romantic relationship? I'm a guy, 26

Dr. Steven Bowers
In brief: Mind body spirit
Sorry for your loss.
This is not really a medical question, but i will take a stab at it. 1. Recognize that although it is painful now, this situation will pass in time. 2. Perform random acts of kindness. Finding other people to help will take your mind off of your own suffering. These acts of kindness are even more effective if you can remain anonymous while doing them.

In brief: Mind body spirit
Sorry for your loss.
Dr. Steven Bowers
Dr. Steven Bowers
2 comments
Dr. Steven Bowers
understand... wish you well.
Be strong. Seek ways to find meaning. Those who have performed the finest service for humankind have never been "the beautiful people", and most bear scars on the spirit. Good luck.
Dr. Sherry Broadwell
Clinical Psychology
In brief: Healing takes time
Negative emotions are to be expected, so be patient with yourself.
Self-concept is disrupted when a relationship that has been a central part of one's self-definition is lost, and that can be wrenching. Strong emotions may occur, but they won't last forever and you will heal. Try not to dwell; seeking meaning from the experience and looking to learn from it will help with the healing process. Best

In brief: Healing takes time
Dr. Sherry Broadwell
Dr. Sherry Broadwell
Dr. Daniel Lebowitz