Can orthopedics see your growth plate in your wrist? I think i might have fractured it, can they see the growth plate in an X-ray type thing?

In brief: Growth plates

Growth plates are visible on x-ray if the patient is still developing.
Once the growth plates close, they are no longer visible on x-ray and the patient stops growing. All growth plates in your body should be closed at this point. If you feel that you fractured your wrist, i would recommend evaluation by an orthopedist.

In brief: Growth plates

Dr. Wenjay Sung
Almost all growth plates are closed in the hand and wrist by 14 years of age. At 39, it's unlikely you're still growing.
Dr. Peter Tomasello
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: The growth plate be

Comes fused in a male at around 19 yoa.
I would be concerned more so of an articulare injury( as this involves the joint surface) . I would recommend getting an x-ray immediately.For now rice and splint.

In brief: The growth plate be

Comes fused in a male at around 19 yoa.
Dr. Wenjay Sung
Podiatry

In brief: At 39?

At 39 year of age, all your growth plate have closed.
The hand has predictable ossification centers that follow a pattern. Here's a link for more details on growth plates in the hand and wrists. http://radiopaedia.org/articles/carpal-ossification-centers.

In brief: At 39?

Dr. Brian Divelbiss
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Yes but not in you

Growth plates are viable on an X-ray but at your age those growth plates have all closed and are no longer visible

In brief: Yes but not in you

Dr. Jan Szatkowski
Orthopedic Surgery

Xrays will show a patients growth plate provided that they are skeletally immature.
At 40 years of age your growth plates should be completed closed. In a skeletal mature patient, growth plate closures are referred to epiphyseal scars. If you are having pain after an injury, getting go an xray and physical examination can be very helpful in getting an accurate diagnosis and getting treated.

Dr. Arnon Rubin