Can teeth whitening hide enamel loss?

Not much. Tooth whitening is most effective on the enamel. If you have worn off your enamel bleaching will be painful and less effective. If you can get past the sensitivity bleaching will make the underlying dentin less yellow and so it will help a little.
More specific. You need to be more specific...Do you mean if your enamel is thinned out due to attrition and they are becoming more and more translucent and thin, then, whitening your teeth may not be the answer you're looking for.
No. No, there may be a minimally invasive ways to do it, consult a dentist with minimally invasive dentistry expertise.
No, but can stop it. Top layer of tooth, enamel, is the only white part of teeth. Get deeper & the tooth naturally gets darker. What created the enamel loss? Always use a soft toothbrush and only brush twice daily. Use proenamel toothpaste & act Fluoride mouthwash twice daily to help strengthen enamel. Stay away from high-acidity that erodes enamel. Grind/clench? Get a mouthguard to stop it from getting worse.