I have ringing and a lot of itching in my ear. There is some pain but not a lot. I used to suffer with chronic ear infections. Could this be one?

In brief: RECURRENCE
Yes, you could very well be having a recurrent infection or at least something that is causing an inflammation inside your ear.
Could also be a simple accumulation of serum that can be eliminated by a simple ear wash.

In brief: RECURRENCE
Dr. Santiago Roldan
Dr. Santiago Roldan
Dr. Michael Raemisch
Surgery - Hand Surgery
In brief: Yes, and no...
Certainly you could have another infection.
The ringing you are experiencing may be a sign of a problem deeper in the ear. Best to have this looked at by an ear nose and throat specialist.

In brief: Yes, and no...
Dr. Michael Raemisch
Dr. Michael Raemisch
Dr. Eric Weisman