Are medicated ear drops really able to get rid of ear infections?

Dr. Christopher Coller

Depending on the type of infection, yes, drops can be an appropriate treatment.
It is important to know what you're treating though: is this an inner ear infection or outer? Is there a perforation of the ear drum or ear tubes? I think it's best to have a physician take a look.

Dr. Christopher Coller
Dr. Christopher Coller

In brief: Where ?

The ear has 3 essential parts, the inner nerve, the middle chamber, the outer canal.
Drops might help with infection in the outer canal or sometimes if tubes are in place with the middle chamber. They would never reach the middle chamber if the ear drum is intact and never reach or effect the ear nerve.

In brief: Where ?