If you have the start of a cataract can laser eye surgery lasik help?

No. If there is a significant cataract, which is inside the eye, then cataract removal is the procedure needed. Many times this will correct the vision to a point where glasses may not be needed after. Lasik is an external treatment that will not treat a cataract but help reduce the need for contact lenses or glasses.
Maybe. If your vision corrects to 20/20 or better and the cataract is early, lasik may be appropriate. If thecataract is significant, you should consider cataract surgery and eliminate your prescription in this way.