I was diagnosed w endometriosis 14 years ago would that affect my motility of my bowels?

Dr. Michael Fox
Fertility Medicine

In brief: Bowel Dysmotility

Yes, very hard to answer in 400 words.
Look at dr. John mathias' work on bowel motility. It appears that endo is associated with a rare change in bowel contraction frequency that can cause pain. Treatments for this are not mainstream pain or gyn type treatments. Nutritional changes and meds that change bowel contractility can help. Endo on bowel can also cause bowel symptoms.

In brief: Bowel Dysmotility

Yes, very hard to answer in 400 words.
Dr. Michael Fox
Dr. Michael Fox
David Miller

In brief: Absolutely

Endometriosis is a condition where endometrium, which normally grows inside the uterus, grows outside the uterus and implants on the abdominal wall and abdominal organs.
This typically causes lots of pain, timed with the menstrual cycle. It can also cause a variety of bowel problems including both constipation and diarrhea.

In brief: Absolutely

David Miller
David Miller
Answer assisted by David Miller, Medical Student
David Miller
You're welcome
Dr. Mark Pack
Board Certified, Surgery