I had my second child two month ago. My lower back hurts bad, im taking 800mg of motrim and is not helping. The pain never goes away. Why?

Nicole Bressler
Emergency Medicine
In brief: See a DO
Giving birth can cause the pelvic bones & sacrum (low part of your back) to be misaligned causing low back pain.
A do is a medical doctor who can treat the misalignment with simple, non-invasive procedures by using your muscles to move your pelvis back in place (kinda of like a chiropractor). This type of treat is called omt, osteopathic manipulative therapy.

In brief: See a DO
Nicole Bressler
Nicole Bressler
Answer assisted by Nicole Bressler, Medical Student
2 comments
Dr. Thomas Byrnes
academyofosteopathy.org or osteopathic.org, the web site for the American Osteopathic Association, both have doctor finder functions to help you find a provider near you to provide those services.
Dr. Thomas Byrnes
OMT, technically is osteopathic manipulative TREATMENT, since it is provided by a physician, not a therapist.
Nicole Bressler
Emergency Medicine
In brief: See a DO
A do is a medical doctor who can treat the misalignment with simple, non-invasive procedures by using your muscles to move your pelvis back in place (kinda of like a chiropractor). This type of treatment is called omt, osteopathic manipulative therapy.

In brief: See a DO
Nicole Bressler
Nicole Bressler
Dr. Shontae Buffington