How fast can I make my obsessive-compulsive disorder go away?

Dr. Neal Stolar
Neurology
In brief: Usually takes time
This usually requires both medication and therapy and is difficult to treat.
I have seen some people do much better and complete therapy, but rely on ongoing medication. Based on my experience, it usually takes at least 6 months but it can be a few years.

In brief: Usually takes time
Dr. Neal Stolar
Dr. Neal Stolar
Dr. Neil Liebowitz
Not all OCD is difficult to treat. I have had some patients get dramatic relieve in a couple of months of medications and therapy. Don't give in to obsessions and compulsions. Don't be embarrassed to get help. You'd be suprised by how many people suffer from the same thoughts and behaviors and can get much better.
Dr. Leonard Lado
In brief: Ocd go away
Ocd is a type of anxiety disorder with characteristics of intruding thoughts of symmetry, contamination, destructive or sexual thoughts that have to be neutralized by uncontrolled acts of checking, cleaning, counting or even masturbatory behaviors.
It s the result of an impaired part of the brain called the dorsal raphi nuclei that is modulated by chemicals that include serotonin. Ssri can calm it.

In brief: Ocd go away
Dr. Leonard Lado
Dr. Leonard Lado
Dr. Keegan Duchicela