My wife thinks I should see someone for my sciatica. Should i?

Dr. Shaym Puppala
In brief: Possibly
If the reason for sciatica is unknown, if the symptoms are changing, if there is weakness or numbness, or if the sciatica interferes with your activities or is otherwise having an adverse effect on your quality of life, i would say yes.
If reason known and harmless, symptoms are stable and not bothering you, and you don't want to seek help, then i would say no. Others may have different opinions.

In brief: Possibly
Dr. Shaym Puppala
Dr. Shaym Puppala
Dr. Qamar Khan
Pain Management
In brief: Pinched Nerve
Sounds like you have a pinched nerve in your back.
I would suggest seeing a pain/spine specialist to evaluate you further to evaluate what level and what can be done to treat you. There are interventional treatments besides medications and surgeries that might reduce or eliminate the pain altogether.

In brief: Pinched Nerve
Dr. Qamar Khan
Dr. Qamar Khan
Dr. Robert McMurtrie
Pain Management
In brief: See pain specialist
Each person needs to be evaluated on an individual basis.
There can be several reasons for "sciatica" or pain down the leg. Lumbar disc inflammation with or without nerve impingment, facet joint irritation, sacroiliac joint irritation, piriformis syndrome. A thorough physical exam and diagnostic studies will help determine what treatment will be best depending on your diagnosis.

In brief: See pain specialist
Dr. Robert McMurtrie
Dr. Robert McMurtrie
Dr. Vikram Patel