Should I see a specialist for anemia, or can my regular doctor take care of it?

Start with primary. Start off by getting a basic evaluation by your primary and if your primary doctor requires further consults, he/she will recommend you to the appropriate service.
Yes and no. General doctor can start the process by ordering serial blood tests for anemia. However, for more complex case i encourage you to see a hematologist.