Does reye syndrome kill?

Dr. Mark Diamond
In brief: It Can
Reyes syndrome has neurological and hepatic complications.
Often triggered by thye use of Aspirin with the existance of certain infections such as chicken pox or perhaps even influenza. Death can occur.

In brief: It Can
Dr. Mark Diamond
Dr. Mark Diamond
In brief: Certainl does?did
Reye syndrome: an acute post infectious hepatic encephalopathy killed many kids in the late 60's & 70's.
It began to fade when we stopped using Aspirin for kids in the 80's & i havent heard of a case in years.A kid would seem to get better from flu or chickenpox, then laps into a coma & die after a few days. I remember vividly turning off machines after brain death; & the time one woke up & lived.

In brief: Certainl does?did
Dr. Jonathan Jassey