How can I treat irritable bowel syndrome ?

Dr. Eric Kaplan
Surgery - Colorectal

In brief: Diet and fluids

I rarely prescribe meds for ibs.
In my experience teaching people to eat and drink properly resolves most if not all symptoms when the patient is compliant and follows through. Hi fiber, 80-100 ounces non caffeine, non alcoholic beverages each day, regular meal times, excercise. Consistency is the key to being symptom free.

In brief: Diet and fluids

I rarely prescribe meds for ibs.
Dr. Eric Kaplan
Dr. Eric Kaplan
Dr. Michael Rothman

In brief: Regulate ANS

Irritable bowel syndrome is a multifactorial consequence of hormone, immune & autonomic nervous system(ans) dysfunction resulting from genetic predispositions & dietary & environmental insults.
These stressors add to overstimulation of your ANS and manifest as GI symptoms. The key to rx is to identify & eliminate the triggers while calming the storm of ANS dysfunction.Check out mdwellnessmd.Com.

In brief: Regulate ANS

Dr. Michael Rothman
Dr. Michael Rothman
Dr. Marsha Davis