What kind of doctor sees somebody for generalized anxiety disorder?

Lots of options. Anxiety disorder is quite common at all ages, and lots of different kinds of treatments are available. The best proven treatment is a combination of psychotherapy (not all kinds work) and medications (usually antidepressants). Primary care doctors often can help find help and may prescribe medications. Psychologists commonly offer proven therapies. Psychiatrists do medications maybe therapy.
Psychiatrist. A psychiatrist is the best doctor for generalized anxiety disorder. Once your treatment is establused, you might do well with cognitive behavioral therapy from a psychologist and possibly medication.