Do you think I should go see a doctor or find ways to minimize my potential sleep apnea condition?

See your doctor. You should see your doctor and have a sleep study to accurately diagnosis your condition. Depending on the severity, trying to minimize it yourself may not do anything. Sleep apnea can be caused by anatomical issues such as having a narrower airway, deviated nasal septum or large tonsils. If sleep apnea goes untreated or is severe, it can lead to high blood pressure or heart problems.
Sleep apnea. If you are overweight, losing weight not only reduces pressure on the airways, the tongue shrinks in size, further opening the airway. Don't sleep on your back ( sew a pocket in a t-shirt and put a tennis ball in it ). See an ENT to make sure that there isn't a problem with deviated septum, tonsils or adenoids. Use breathe rite strips. See a dentist to have a custom sleep device made.