Should I see a specialist for tachycardia, or can my regular doctor take care of it?

Tachycardia. Yes. You must see a cardiologist you can refer you to a electro-physiologist if needed.
See specialist. Although most of tachycardic episodes are benign there are underlaying problems that can affect you on long term. You should see a cardiologyst to make sure you are investigated properly and treated accordingly.