Are any special tests needed, or can a regular doctor see me for my anorectal abscess?

Depends. A primary care doctor can see you but often if they try to drain it in the office, it often is incompletely drained. If in reasonable proximity, having your pcp refer you to a nearby colrectal surgeon is probably the best way to manage and follow you for possible fistula development.