Are some people more prone to getting endometriosis?

Dr. Dennis Higginbotham

A family history of endometriosis increases your risk.
Having had a cesarean delivery also increases the risk of developing endometriosis. The more cesareans the greater the risk.

Dr. Dennis Higginbotham
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham
Dr. Michael Fox
Fertility Medicine

I agree that some people are more prone to "getting" endo but more likely this is genetic.
I believe that the endo one will get is fully expressed by mid to late teens. Further development of endo is unlikely. The only way cesarean contributes to endo is through seeding of the skin incision scar or maybe seeding of the myometrium and the development of adenomyosis. Endo is not a recurrent dz.

Dr. Michael Fox
Dr. Michael Fox