Can I die from chemical burn if I ignore it?

Dr. Andrew Shatz
Ophthalmology

In brief: Unlikely

Depending on where the burn is and what percentage of the body is burned, there is a low risk of death from chemical burns.
The major problem with a burn is the ensuing scarring and loss of function in the affected body part. The sooner it is treated, the less worry there will be.

In brief: Unlikely

Dr. Andrew Shatz
Dr. Andrew Shatz
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Ophthalmology

In brief: Depends

If on the skin and you have flushed off the chemical you might suffer some local complications but will not die.
If the chemical agent is potent and ingested you need to get to an emergency room immediately. The skin if that is the only problem can be handled in the er or in your family doctor's office.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Richard Bensinger
Dr. Richard Bensinger