Would it be abnormal not to be able to yawn after a root canal treatment after two days?

Dr. Ashish Naik
General Practice

In brief: At times

It is also possible that if the procedure was long and your mouth was held open for a long period of time your TMJ and or chewing muscles became overworked and tired.
Give your jaw some rest and see if it improves. If it doesn't within a week or so, see your dentist.

In brief: At times

Dr. Ashish Naik
Dr. Ashish Naik

In brief: Maybe

I'm assuming that it was a lower tooth that was treated.
....You may have some irritation from the injection(s) to make you numb. Give it more time & it will get better. Check in with your dentist to know for sure, not uncommon.

In brief: Maybe

Dr. Bruce Apfelbaum
Dr. Bruce Apfelbaum