What's a simple, cheap treatment for my endometriosis?

Dr. Valentin Drezaliu

In brief: Endometriosis

The cheapest treatment are oral contraceptives.
But you need to be seen by an ob/gyn to tailor the treatment to your needs. You may need a different treatment that can be cheap as well. Endometriosis not treated properly has devastating effects over time on your female organs and surrounding organs as well.

In brief: Endometriosis

Dr. Valentin Drezaliu
Dr. Valentin Drezaliu
Dr. Marina Maslovaric
what is cheap depends on your insurance. For example a depo provera injections every 3 months OR IUD which is good for 5 years can be cheaper than time equivalent supply of birth control pills.
Dr. Cindy Mosbrucker
Obstetrics & Gynecology - Urogynecology

In brief: What works.

A better question is "what is an effective treatment for my endo?" birth control pills will suppress endo about 80% of the time, and when they work well they are easy and cheap.
However, they may not work at all, or partially; they also may cause complications such as bleeding irregularites or blood clots. Laparoscopic excision of endo has an 80% success rate in women that nothing else works for.

In brief: What works.

Dr. Cindy Mosbrucker
Dr. Cindy Mosbrucker