Is benzodiazepine abuse curable?

Dr. Leonard Lado
In brief: Benzodiazepine treat
It is well established that addictions are associated with other conditions such as mood and anxiety disorder.
In an well done study in arch gen psychiatry. 2008;65(1):47-52 they found in comparison with major depression, bipolar ii disorder was associated with the development of alcohol and benzodiazepine use and disorders. If you treat correctly the mood disorder you improve treating addict.

In brief: Benzodiazepine treat
Dr. Leonard Lado
Dr. Leonard Lado
Dr. Richard Bunt
In brief: YES and NO...
Some would say that addiction can never be fully cured.
That said, people certainly can and do go for the rest of their lives without ever relapsing. In my experience, most benzodiazepine addicts have extremely low tolerances for anxiety, and that problem is the one i would tend to suggest focusing on, in treatment.

In brief: YES and NO...
Dr. Richard Bunt
Dr. Richard Bunt