What kind of doctor sees somebody for febrile seizure?

GP/FP/PED primary. This problem is so common (1/20 kids) that most primare care practices deal with the routein cases. In the few that have unusual presentations, prolonged events or significant parental fears, i will call on my pedi neurology collegues to help. If nothing else the process of having that second opinion agree with my DX makes everybody more comfortable with what can be a scarry process.
Primary care doctor. A febrile seizure is a seizure which occurs in a child, usually between 6 months and 6 years of age, that is associated with a fever. They generally occur when the child's temperature changes quickly, either going up or coming down. While very scary to parents, most simple febrile seizures themselves do not cause any problems for the child. Your regular doctor can evaluate.