Is there an over-the-counter treatment for sever's disease?

Dr. Ellen Wenzel
Podiatry
In brief: Heel Cups, but...
As this is a condition that commonly affects active children, it is always a good idea to have this evaluated by a foot and ankle specialist to ensure that this is the correct diagnosis.
Proper stretching should also always be included in a treatment plan.

In brief: Heel Cups, but...
Dr. Ellen Wenzel
Dr. Ellen Wenzel
Dr. Ron Jones
This depends on the severity of the condition.
In my practice, since severs disease is only seen in the young, i tend to recommend otc products such a advil (ibuprofen) on as needed basis of course combined with specific limitations of certain actitivis, exercises, ice/heat, footwear, education for school pe instructors and coaches, etc. The best cure is birthdays.

Dr. Ron Jones
Dr. Ron Jones