Can tea bags help with swollen gums?

In brief: No, not likely

I have heard of using tea bags to help stop bleeding after an extraction.
The tannic acids along with pressure from biting on the bag helps to control minor bleeding. Tea is not helpful in reducing gum inflammation . You need to see a dentist and find the cause of your inflammation . Only with a correct diagnosis can your problem be resolved.

In brief: No, not likely

Dr. Janelle Ferber-Stumpf
Dr. Janelle Ferber-Stumpf
Dr. Sandra Eleczko
Dentistry

In brief: Can help temporarily

The tannic acid i tea bags can help decrease the swelling and pain of an infection.
But this is not a substitute for dental treatment. This is temporary until you can get to a dentist. Where there is swollen gums, there is an infection that needs to be treated. So see a dentist for this problem.

In brief: Can help temporarily

Dr. Sandra Eleczko
Dr. Sandra Eleczko
Dr. Keegan Duchicela