Can Fosamax (alendronate) cause a TMJ bone disorder?

Dr. Kim Capehart
Dentistry

In brief: Doubtful

I know of fosamx causing other issues in the head and neck area but never heard it causing specific pathology's of the tmj.
If there is TMJ discomfort and Fosamax (alendronate) is involved, it could be a domino effect and the drug didn't actually cause tmj, but TMJ symptoms came about from another pathology.

In brief: Doubtful

Dr. Kim Capehart
Dr. Kim Capehart
Dr. Jonathan Hart
Dentistry - Prosthodontics

In brief: Not Likely

The primary cause for TMJ issues are either trauma or clenching/grinding or both.
Clenching and grinding can be managed but not stopped--unless you remove the cause for it, stress and anxiety. For most folks, stress will not go away when we want it to, and it pops back up by surprise. Best option is to protect your teeth and muscles with a splint made by a qualified dentist.

In brief: Not Likely

Dr. Jonathan Hart
Dr. Jonathan Hart
Dr. Louis Gallia
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial

In brief: No

Not that I've ever heard about.

In brief: No

Not that I've ever heard about.
Dr. Louis Gallia
Dr. Louis Gallia
Dr. Jack Hinkle