Are any special tests needed, or can a regular doctor see me for my bronchitis?

Dr. Sue Ferranti
In brief: Depends...
Acute bronchitis can be diagnosed by your family doctor on the basis of your symptoms and physical exam findings.
Chronic bronchitis, a form of copd, can be diagnosed by your family doctor on symptoms, physical exam findings and pulmonary function testing. Typically, pfts are interpreted by a lung doctor but can be ordered by your family doctor and the results will be sent to your doctor.

In brief: Depends...
Dr. Sue Ferranti
Dr. Sue Ferranti
In brief: Regular
Your regular doctor should be well trained in the diagnosis and management of bronchitis.

In brief: Regular
Dr. Anthony LaBarbera
Dr. Anthony LaBarbera
Dr. Luis Villaplana
In brief: Regular doc
Can diagnose you and treat you.

In brief: Regular doc
Can diagnose you and treat you.
Dr. Luis Villaplana
Dr. Luis Villaplana
Dr. Peter Kurzweil