What kind of doctor sees somebody for bruxism?

Dentist. Dentists can make occlusal splints or "night guards" . Do not get one from the store . These are soft, after wearing them for a while they will change your bite enhancing your problem. You want a hard acrylic dental appliance made from an impression of your mouth. When your symptoms subside physcial therapy exercises to strengthen you opening jaw muscles. Reduce your stress in your life.
A dentist. Bruxism is the grinding together of the teeth at night during sleep. It can wear off the enamel and lead to a loss of teeth. Your dentist can fashion a night prosthesis to stop the wearing down so your teeth will be protected.
Dentist, or. Your dentist for starters. If problem complex (severe bruxism, jaw joint problems), you're better off seeing a TMJ-orofacial pain doc. Any dentist can be a TMJ expert with the proper training and experience. Most commonly, oral surgeons, prosthodontists, and orofacial pain specialists. Ask your MD, your dentist and your dental society for referrals.
Dentist. A dentist is the professional best trained to diagnose and treat bruxism.