Are any special tests needed, or can a regular doctor see me for my impetigo?

Primary care doctor. Impetigo is a superficial skin infection. It can be evaluated and treated by your primary care doctor.
Your doctor. Your doctor can see you or urgent care can. Impetigo is contagious and can spread quickly, treatment is needed.