If I got to the eye doctor how will they test me if I have retinal detachment?

Get Seen. Signs of rd are those seen by examining eye doctor during a dilated examination: subretinal fluid, retinal tear, pigment cells in vitreous, and pvd. The symptoms that a patient experiences are progressive loss of vision which may involve the central vision. This may be proceeded by flashes and floaters. Sometimes an rd can by asymptomatic, and therefore it is important to get checked.
An ophthalmologist . If you go to an ophthalmologist as opposed to an optometrist, they will most likely dilate your eyes for a thorough exam which will rule out a retinal detachment among other things. But please ask that they do so.